- Who is 11-year-old YouTube star Matty B, and why is everyone so mad at him?
- A guy you've never heard of now hosts one of YouTube's most popular shows
- Three cheers for Hannah Hart's 'My Drunk Kitchen' cookbook
- I had my emoji use analyzed, and the results were grim
- Yahoo researchers try to understand the mythical Tumblr
- How Tina Belcher became everyone's favorite awkward teen hero
- The YouTube celebrity culture debate: How can creators and fans coexist?
- Wong Fu and the secrets of DIY YouTube stardom
- 8 people who are doing comedy right on Vine
- What it's really like to work for a YouTube star
- Teen commits suicide after posting a haunting message on YouTube
- The silent struggle against WhatsApp's tick system
- Meet the 5 companies trying to beat YouTube at its own game
- Teens love spoofing the 'Life Alert' commercial on Vine
- Behind the fractured folk tales of MC Frontalot’s ‘Question Bedtime’
- Meet Barbara Dunkelman: Internet celebrity, community manager, superhero
- This young girl is leading a revolution—via YouTube, 6,000 miles from home
- Here's how to become the ultimate Tumblr power user
- VidCon 2014: A tale of 2 conventions
From The Kernel Archives
Want to hide anyone who classes themselves as “curvy” on internet dating service OkCupid? You can, but you have to pay $4.95 first.
While it will probably be common knowledge to many internet dating aficionados, OkCupid’s premium search options are eyebrow-raising in an era of tolerance and political correctness.
OkCupid keeps its most enticing functionality for “A-List” members. Once you’ve paid a monthly subscription fee, you can start hiding all the overweight people from your matches page.
That’s not all. Once you’re a paid-up member, you can hide “ugly” people too, using other members’ crowdsourced ratings to filter out those who have been deemed unattractive by the site’s user base.
Only want to see people rated a stunning five out of five stars? You can: just pay first.
If you really want to narrow it down, you can play with the premium “dating personas”. Only want to see attractive, thin, “random brutal sex dreamers”? OkCupid caters for this, too.
The wealthy have so many advantages over the rest of us. Fast cars, nice houses… and hiding fatties on the internet.Filed under Archived Story, Report | Comment (0)